Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Cleaned Scout's Teeth Today...


As some of you may know I've been cleaning my dogs teeth since he was a puppy. Cleaning as scaling instruments with sharp pointy edges. I kinda fell off the wagon of cleaning his teeth, and noticed that he really needed his teeth cleaned. (side note - I'm a dental hygienist). He's tartar at the gumline was icky, hard and just bad. I used to be able to take him to the dog park and wear him out so I could get in there and scale his teeth, except now it doesn't work like that anymore. He just doesn't play that hard anymore. So today I went over to my friends house and he has someone that cleans his dogs teeth that was coming over. We ended up giving Scout 3 Valerain Root capsules, and 10 mg of Valium. He was knocked out, but was more calm and I was able to get in a clean his teeth. I'm so HAPPY!! Scout now has nice clean teeth, and Hemy one of his best friends has nice clean teeth too!!*smiles*

I forgot to take a before picture, but look how pretty now!!




Another Side Note- Doing this on my own saved me somewhere between $450-$750 at the Vet. Plus I actually feel better not putting the sweet boy out completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment