Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Back...


I'm fundraising again for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through the Team in Training Endurance Sports Training Program. It's exciting to for me to start planning some fun fundraising activities. I kicked everything off with the wine raffle last month. I've also been selling Angel of Grace Cancer Awareness bracelets. That and some generous donations thus far has gotten me up to $1,000 thus far. I'm excited about that nice start....but I'm working on raising $15,000 this year. I really hope I can do it! I'm going to do the Nike Marathon again this year, the WHOLE THING! This year I will not sweep myself off the course, this year I will conquer the beast that is running a marathon in the very hilly city of San Francisco! Soon I'll have a Fundraising Website (it's not quite up yet), so if you feel like being generous I'd love to have a small, or large donation in the name of cancer research.

I will also be raising money for the American Cancer Society in the Relay for Life event. I did this event for the first time last year and love it!

Raising money for Cancer Research is important to me. I know to many people who have had to go through what Cancer does to a family! I'm dedicating my fundraising this year to my friend Joanie's family...the Brooks. Her son David was diagnosed with Leukemia last year and he has been so strong this year going through all the treatments. Just recently the Brooks family had a trip to San Diego to go to Lego Land granted by the Make a Wish Foundation! They had a great time and enjoyed time just being a family. Unfortunately when they got home David broke his foot, and now has to wait to go back to school for awhile longer.

When I get my websites up and running I'll post the links to them on here, and on my other blog site http://wannabeenduranceathlete.blogspot.com/

(The Brooks Family at Lego Land in front of the Lego Land Tree)

No comments:

Post a Comment