Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Being Sick is no Fun!

So taking time off training has been good, but I knew I would probably get a little cold when I stopped my normal workout routine.  I was prepared to get a little sick, expected it....really expected it right after the marathon.  Except it didn't.  I didn't have any cold symptoms right after all my training and finishing the marathon.  So a couple of weeks into my recovery time, my down time, my I don't have to train for anything time....then I get sick.  My hubby had caught something, and I was working hard not get his sickness.  Apparently that didn't work for me.  I worked through my week, even though I didn't feel great.  Seems like everyone at work was getting sick too.  So hard to work and be happy around people when you really just aren't feeling that great.

Yesterday I thought I might be starting to feel better, but I didn't want to do to much.  I didn't go to my dental hygiene board of trustee's meeting.  I did end up going to the kick off meeting for TNT, but it was only for an hour.  I immediately came home and went back to bed though.  I've slept a 12 hour night, and 3 x 10 hour nights this week.  I woke up this morning and thought WOW, I'm finally going to feel better.  I could breath through my nose, it was great.  I took my dog for a walk and still felt pretty okay.  When I got home, it all started getting congested again.  I feel like I'm hacking up a lung.....sounds like fun right?  I guess getting it all out is a good thing though.  Right??

I need to be feeling lot's better by tomorrow.  I've got big plans.  Like I'm going to work with the earbud testing crew and have a fun mask on my face while I ride my bike for 30-40 minutes on a trainer.  Sounds like fun....right??  Well it is fun if you are feeling up to it.  (minus the mask...that thing is not fun).  I like being able to be apart of testing though.  It's been fun.

Ohh, and P.S. - Scout seems to be doing with his meds and keeping him from being to crazy (restricted movement).  Hopefully this will get him all better and he'll be 100% soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment