Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Training/ Fundraising/ Hurricanes/ and misc.

On the Beach at Duck
Sunset at the Coast
Sunrise at the Coast

Jason and I in the Ocean!

Deer in our backyard

Clean Bike

How my bike got clean

Results from my 12 mile run/ on Wednesday

Drawing for the $1,000 raffle

And the Winner is....


Coming off a Recovery week from last week, where I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in Duck, NC with my husband and in-laws, and going into a build week this week has been fun.

Recovery week, just less intense workouts. I did workout while I was in Duck, however I forgot my running bra. I would of gone out and bought another one, however I only had a 20 min run to do, so I just skipped the run (it's recovery week). I figured I did a lot of walking on the sand, so I did get a good workout in. On Saturday I did a 30 mile bike, which consisted of me riding from my house to the end of the road and back (30.38 miles). I also had a 1 hour open water swim, which I didn't do because there were so many jellyfish, and they scare me.

Once I got back from Duck it's been GAME ON! Training has been intense, but fun! I however did get today off, which works out pretty good since Hurricane Irene has been hitting our area with lot's of wind and rain. So tomorrow is by big weekend training day. Today however was a big weekend day for all my fundraising. Today I went to the LLS office and had Emily Roland (LLS staff person/ Light the Night coordinator) draw a name for the $1,000 raffle. Rob and Cathy Harris-Cannon won the $1,000! Rob and Cathy are amazing people that I feel lucky to have know for about 6 years. Rob was on my first TNT tri team. He and Cathy are RELENTLESS for a CURE! I sent them an email to let them know they had won! They sent me back an email letting me know that they are donating all of the $1,000 back to my fundraising campaign! AWESOME!!


No comments:

Post a Comment