Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's starting to get cooler out....



It's funny how when it gets cooler out how much I remember I don't like the cold.  I'm not sure I'd do so well in a really cold weather environment.  I mean really...I'm no snow bunny. It's no where close to that here, and let me tell you having the humidity go out of the air has been fantastic.  It's cool in the morning (maybe a little cold), and nice and sunny (warm) in the afternoon.  However, I don't like the cool mornings when I'm marathon training....I like running in the cool, that's for sure.  I just get COLD after I run, for like a couple of days....maybe a little bit of an exaggeration. I'm excited about the cooler weather though, it means Halloween is almost here, and the State Fair!  WOO HOO!!

(not a good picture of the run)
I've been training for the marathon!  I've been working on getting faster.  I don't know if the training is making me a little faster or the cooler weather is making me a little faster...but either way I seem to be moving a little faster during this training.  See not having oppressive summer heat beating on you is a nice thing.  Bob, one of the Team In Training coaches who was also on the Augusta Half Iron team, told me he thought he could make me faster.  So I'm following his plan for me.  Which consists of a speed workout, a tempo run, and a long run every week.  The speed workout consists of 1/2 mile sprints with 1/4 mile recovery.  The tempo run is a longer consistent run trying to keep my pace at a certain pace throughout.  It's not always easy, but it's fun to keep working on it.  The long run is usually with the team, and it means a long run.  This week it was a 12 mile run.  It was a 12 mile run that was actually fun.  It was a good run with the team, at the American Tobacco Trail, from the South entrance.  It was a beautiful morning with cool overtones.


My view for Light the Night.
Last night I got to Volunteer for Light the Night, which is an annual fundraiser for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that involves raising money and getting together for a walk at night with lighted balloons.  The balloons are different colors to represent, survivors, supporters, and those remembered.  It's a wonderful time that is peaceful and beautiful.  However this year I didn't see any of it.  I was there, but I saw none of it.  Hmmm.  I helped out in the accounting area, which was guarded by a police officer and which there was ton's of protocols. All to make sure the money turned it goes to the right place.  It was fun though and I'm glad I got to help out.













Halloween is just around the corner.  When I took Scout out for a few walks I took some pictures of our neighbors decorations.  Some of our neighbors go all out.  It's pretty cool!!






















cheese and spinach dip and yumminess!
I had a wine raffle party as a fundraiser.  It was good party, I had fun, I drank wine, I ate food.  It wasn't as big as other years wine raffle parties.  I planned out this fundraiser in advance, and had people excited about it, but then lot's of stuff came up with people and I ended up with about 10 people at the party.  Ahhh, but they were 10 FUN people!  So FUN was had!  My friend Jenn Mayfield (who wasn't at the party, but donated wine and bought raffle tickets) won the big prize....all the bottles of wine donated.  13 bottles of wine are coming her way!!  YAY!

Some friends enjoying the party


Mushroom caps and pizza
Jenn's Haul!
spiral yumminess, more cheese

more fun hanging out.

















I am only one,

But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale


If you want to support me in doing something I can do, feel free to donate to my fundraising page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment