Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Coming off my high...

Coming off my  high from finishing my first half ironman.  I was warned I might have some post race blues.  I'm not really sure that's what I have, but I am definately feeling a little low.  I started marathon training though....well I've picked up where the rest of the team is at.  Lucky for me, I was already trained up for my other race and could jump right in.

I thought jumping into the next thing would keep me going and keep the low from happening.  I didn't really think about how tired I am.  I mean I'm tired.  It could be that I had a crazy busy week last week.  Lot's of work, lot's of extra activities, lot's of things to keep in check for planning, lot's of fundraising....just lot's of lot's!  Stress doesn't work well with me, but I feel like I've been living with stress for so long I'm sorta immune.  I try to keep it at bay as much as possible.  I talk...a lot...but I talk to make sure I don't hold everything inside.  I don't ever want to be THAT PERSON, you know...the one who gets mad and someone, or about something, but never tells the person, or works on the situation and then just stays mad.  (I think I just had a little ramble there).  Anywho, I'm tired.  Fall allergies have set in, so I'm tired and a little snotty too.  It's all kinda "fun".

I missed a swim/bike (hey it's cross training for the marathon) this morning with a friend who is training for IMFL (Ironman Florida), because my stomach wasn't feeling great.  Which meant I got to go to the dog park with my sweet boy.  Scout had a blast.  I feel bad for bailing, but think it was the best thing.  Of course I'm trying to figure out what I can do to workout today.  I think I might end up swimming after all (my stomach settled out).  There is a group going to swim at Falls Lake (yes it's a little chilly in the water...that's what wet suits are for!!).  Or I could go for a bike ride and see where the rest of the greenway trail takes me.  Hmmmm.


I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so my next few months go smoothly!  We like smooth flowing times, especially with the holidays coming up (everyone's STRESSFUL time).  Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment