Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2012

April...where did you go??

Seriously big lack of posting lately.  Sorry.

Lot's going on.  Lot's of emotions....happy, sad, angry, mad, and more happy.  I'm trying...as the name of my blog suggests to live the life I've been given...and I'm trying to live it happy!  *smiles*

Training for my 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe is going well.  It was a rough day today (but we all have those), but the team seems to be doing well, and we are all riding together well.  Nice to ride in a pack to help ease the long miles.  Nothing like getting to draft off of each other!  *smiles*

Fundraising for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is going well too!  Everyone has been kind and generous with their donations....especially since this is the 3rd event in a row that I'm fundraising for!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!  The latest event I did was a painting party with a pre-tasting event at Wine 101.  Thanks to Joe and Wine and Design Wake Forest for helping me put on this event.  There were 18 people who came and painted Poppies last weekend, and I made $180 towards my fundraising!  AWESOME!!  Today was the Belk Charity sale, and many people bought tickets for the sale from me, I hope you all found great deals!!

There have been two big loses in my life this month, in fact this past week.  Two of my friends furry family members have gone to the rainbow bridge.  Seven, who was one of Scout's good friends (who we watched when his family went out of town....and who I posted about before) is no longer in pain from his bone cancer.  Monday was the last day I got to see him, and I was lucky enough to go spend some time with him before he left this world.  My heart is aching, and I know his families hearts are broken, but they are working on mending them. They had Seven for almost 10 years in their lives and the kids have always know their lives with Seven.  And little Sandy dog who has been battling bladder cancer for years sadly lost her battle this week as well.  She was 19 years , and an amazing companion to Wendy and later to Stuart.  I know the grieving process is hard, but Sweet Sandy will be waiting for them at the Rainbow Bridge.



My frustration with people is summed up by the above quote.  Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of Sandy.
    She will be greatly missed.
    The irony is that the bladder cancer didn't take her. She lasted almost 2 years longer than the doctors said she would, and on the latest exam they couldn't even feel the tumor.

    Then she had a seizure...a very very bad seizure. They don't know why....perhaps cancer had gotten to her brain, perhaps it was just because she was an older dog...but the seizure caused neurological damage that she couldn't over come.

    I'm just so grateful that she was never in any pain. She was a happy dog up until this happened. Yes, she was older and had old dog issues...but she was so happy... Unfortunately, the seizure took away my little Sandy girl...she wasn't there any more.

    I'm so very sorry to hear about Seven. I know how you must be grieving for him. He was a special dog too.

    Thank you again for thinking of us at this time. It has been very difficult...and still is, but we are holding together.

    There have just been so many losses over the past year, this one made everything come crashing in. I'm trying hard to put the pieces together again...but know many will be missing.

    light and love to you
    wendy

    ReplyDelete