Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Grand Canyon Hike with TNT for LLS

Ohh hi there.  It's true I've been a bit of slacker when it comes to blogging.  I've not been called to write down all my adventures lately.  Sad, but true.  I guess I'm feeling the need to update.

Back in May I completed my 9th TNT event, alongside my husband (his first TNT event) and 3 friends from NC. We were joined by folks all over the country in the beautiful Grand Canyon.  We did a day hike, on the Bright Angel Trail down to Indian Garden.  It was AMAZING!!  The views were incredible.  It's just like what everyone says, words cannot describe being right there in the mist of it all.  It was a fun and easy hike into the canyon, we trotted along with no worries at all.  Coming back out was a whole other adventure.  As the sun started to really come out and the climb out was full of steep switchbacks, this girl got tired.  I had to battle a few inner demons (please can the mule just come pick me up??).  I was forced to eat some more (my drinking of fluids was fine, but I'm always terrible at nutrition).  With the help of my hubby and my friends I made it back up.  Our pace was pretty quick, set by one friend with really long legs.  The rewards, besides the fact that raised a ton of money for blood cancer research and helping patients with blood cancer, was prickly pear margaritas!!  Bring on the salt!!  All in all it was one of the most amazing TNT adventures I've had.
Jason and I on the bus to go to the Canyon

Our small group


hiking down


Jason surveying

the happy trio

place a million years ago....not really but pretty accurate info from early explorers.

prickly pear



thank you for supporting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society


Prickly Pear Margarita


Our Guide

Sunrise over the Canyon

Real life Wildlife.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip, and beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the photos.

    Been meaning to tell you....you remember the frog you gave to Max? That is really the only toy of his that he still plays with, and on a daily basis! he loves his frog! He is such a character with it! He thanks you for giving him such a wonderful play toy!

    ReplyDelete