Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Scout...more results

It's been crazy lately!!  Scout and I spent a day at VSH (Vet Specialty Hospital) last Tuesday.  He woke up and had a really hard time moving his back legs.  He is already having a hard time with his front left leg due to arthritis.  He didn't want to come down the stairs.  I got him moving around the bedroom, but the stairs were just to scary for him.  Jason picked him up and brought him down the first group of stairs, and Scout really didn't like that.  He came down the rest of the stairs himself, but he wasn't stable, and struggled coming down.  During our morning walk he walked, but it was a drunken walk.  He almost fell down while going to the bathroom.  It was a scary thing.  I called into my dental office to let them know I wouldn't be in, and called the vet....which it was of course before hours (emergency hours).  The VSH near our house was very helpful, but let me know they didn't have an internist at the moment, so recommend I go to the Cary office.  I did and spent the day at the Cary office, through the Emergency Service.  Of course we didn't see the internist because they were to busy.  The results from the day was that there wasn't anything URGENTLY wrong.    They thought there might be something going on with endocrine system.  They could of kept him overnight and checked him, but I didn't want to leave him overnight.  I made an appointment with my normal vet to have the same tests done the next day (where I could drop him off and Jason could pick him up).  We were worried he might have Cushing's.
Scout in the room at VSH waiting and waiting and waiting......


Scout being stubborn in the dead weeds!

my old man....didn't want to go for a walk....
The results have come back, and for now it doesn't look like he has Cushing's.  He does have hypothyroidism, so we are starting him on a doggie Synthroid.  It'll take a couple of weeks to a month to get into his system and hopefully get him feeling better.  I'm hopeful that I'll get my sweet playful pup back.  It's been a dramatic change from a playful soul to an old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment